Parameter actions are a very powerful way of interacting with the user. Users can dynamically change the value buy interacting with it.
In this blog I am going to show how we can drill down using Parameter Actions.
I am going to use the superstore data for this exercise.
- Create a view with Category and Sum(Sales) as a bar chart
2. Create Parameter
Create an empty parameter with type string.
3. Create a calculated field for the above created Parameter.
This calculated field will drill down to Sub-Category if you select the Category.
4. Drag the new calculated field to the view
5. Create the Parameter Action.
I have Selected “Select” as my Run on Action, because I want to drill down when I click on the Category.
Target Parameter is the Empty Parameter which we created.
Field is the Calculated Field which we created.
6. Create a new calculated field to give a different color for Category and Sub-Category.
Make it Discrete and drag it to color.
Interactive Drill down using Parameter Action is ready!