Day 2 of Dashboard Week was the Melbourne Cup so it was no surprise that our challenge was Melbourne Cup themed! We were briefed that we needed to scrape some Melbourne Cup data and create a dashboard of our findings.
I initially tried to use Alteryx to scrape some data and then parse it using Regex. Unfortunately, I ran out of time to do this as we needed to be done in time for the race. Instead, I pulled some very simple data into Tableau.
As I had limited data I created a simple viz showing some information about the 24 horses that competed in the Melbourne Cup. You can view my dashboard below.
If I had more time, it would have been interesting to pull in more data and create a dashboard with some predictive insights as to which horse was most likely to win the Melbourne Cup.