Day 1 topic, ‘Melbourne City Dataset‘:
I have again picked the topic of Docklands. But, in this viz I mainly focus on using parameters and actions to select the area. Below is a short overview for this viz:
Nothing special about this dataset. I think the data is very clean. Not much data cleaning needed to be done here. The only major data transformation is Transposing the data because I don’t like to deal with a ‘wide’ dataset in Tableau. I have also added a few more datasets in Tableau, which didn’t appear in my Alteryx workflow. Please check out my Alteryx workflow below:
- It has 4 BANs on the very top for a quick glance of important measure
- In every BAN, there is a percentage difference calculation that compares to the previous year. They all using FIXED LODs
- A clean nice look, with a uniform colour palette.
- The bar chart provides drill-down action into categories
- Every measure, even the title will change accordingly when you select an area.
- Even the comparison between a ‘selected area’, which will be included/excluded from the others, and ‘the rest of Melbourne’ will be executed flawlessly.
Time finished: 9 PM
Please take a look at a brief demo below, or you can check this viz out at this link: