This policy covers customers, prospective customers, vendor partners and casual visitors to The Data School’s digital and live events. Access to this part of the Policy for external parties is provided via the The Data School Australia website.
We strive to provide our customers and prospective customers with a high level of service. This includes protecting your privacy.
As The Data School Australia may request and collect information from you for the purpose of customising and improving our services, we believe you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of this information.
We have a few fundamental principles around privacy:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products and services or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
What the information is used for
The information collected may be used by The Data School Australia to:
- Understand your needs and preferences in order to provide you with better service
- Provide, administer and manage any services that you require
- Conduct product/service research and development
- Facilitate communication between parties and conduct marketing exercises (for example, inviting you to participate in events or special trials)
- Suggest specific programs or share content that may be relevant to your interests
How the information is collected and what information is collected
Information collected includes your contact details, occupation, browsing activities and areas of interest. These are collected from several different sources, including the following:
- Forms, surveys and correspondence
- Participation at events or product demonstration and trials
- Through third parties
- Internet protocol addresses
- Browser cookies
- Publicly available sources of information
- Other forms of communication with you
The Data School Australia website may contain links to other websites. The Data School Australia is not responsible for the privacy practices of those other websites.
Protection and disposal of information
The Data School Australia takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification and improper disclosure. We apply generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to keep personal information secure. All data is disposed of appropriately when no longer required.
Disclosure of the personal information
Your privacy is important to us. The Data School Australia will not share information about you with other organisations without your permission unless it is necessary to provide you with a service you have requested, or if we are legally required to do so. Do not hesitate to contact us if you should have any privacy concerns or wish to opt out of further contact with The Data School Australia.
All information is managed in line with Australian Privacy Principles and has been completed with compliance to the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act) and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
If you would like to access, delete or modify the personal information that we hold, please contact us at +61 2 92600700 or firstname.lastname@example.org.